Manor ISD Child Development Center : Daycare Associate
This is for a full time INFANT/TODDLER teacher position working with ages 6 Weeks to 15 months old. The position will be 8:30am - 5:30pm.
Primary Purpose: Supervise and maintain a developmentally appropriate learning environment for the children in the child development center 6 weeks to 5 years old. Ensure that all NAEYC standards and minimum standards are met and that all suspected child abuse is reported to the Child Abuse hotline at 1-800- 252-5400 and the director. Work under supervision of CDC director.
Essential Job Functions:
• Plans and implements developmentally appropriate activities that meet the individual needs of infants, toddlers and preschoolers.
• Works with other staff members to insure the health and safety of the children in the center following procedures for hand washing, change and sanitation of mats, diaper changers and toys.
• Presents classroom activities with enthusiasm and frequently acknowledges the positive performance of children in the classroom.
• Welcome each child and parent to the classroom.
• Prepare educational materials prior to each day and replace properly after each use.
• Ensures safety, up keep, availability, and age appropriateness of all equipment for birth to 5 year olds.
• Develops a positive and productive relationship with all parents by communicating with parents in a positive manner as frequently as possible.
• Ensures appropriate supervision of all children at all times.
• Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
• Participate in monthly staff meetings and mandatory teacher training of at least 30 hours each year.
• Report to work in a timely manner according to assigned schedule.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or other administrator that are consistent with the general requirements and qualifications for the position. Professional Conduct:
• Maintain professional interactions with staff, parents, community and visitors.
• Demonstrate the ability to remain calm and withstand pressures.
• Demonstrate flexibility to change in routine and adapt quickly to changing situations.
• Demonstrates respect, courteous to peers and visitors and assist fellow workers willingly.
• Avoid gossip, or speaking badly about the district and district personnel. Supervisory Responsibility: None
Equipment Used: Copier, personal computer, child care equipment, and classroom monitors
Working Conditions Physical Demands/Mental Demands/Environmental Factors: The working conditions described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Occasionally sit, frequently talk or hear; occasional use of computers; regularly stand, walk reach with hands and arms; vision abilities include close vision; and color vision, regularly work with frequent interruptions, maintain emotional control under stress; the noise level is usually moderate. Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting children or heavy items (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking. The incumbent must be able to work in an environment that contains biological conditions and may be unhealthy or hazardous (such as bodily fluids and waste, germs, childhood diseases). Must maintain emotional control under stress; the noise level is usually loud. The employee’s work is most frequently indoors, but occasionally requires going outdoors in the weather to pass from building to building and occasionally stand outside for periods. Some employees may be required to work outdoors in extreme temperature/weather conditions and be exposed to high noise levels (i.e. recess duty). The employee must also deal with a wide variety of people on various issues. Predictable and regular attendance expected.
Education/Certification: 18 years of age; High school diploma or GED; CDA or AAS in child development preferred; Must successfully pass MISD Literacy Test
Special Knowledge/Skills: Ability to work well with young children Ability to communicate effectively Ability to be proactive instead of reactive
Experience: At least 6 months of experience working with young children in a NAEYC accredited preschool center based environment preferred. 2 years of experience is preferred.
Salary range: $13.02 - $15.78/192 days/per hour