St. Georges Episcopal School: Infant/Toddler Teachers
St. Georges Episcopal School is searching for infant/toddler teachers, both full-time and after-noon part-time. We are a well-established school in Central Austin with a mission to serve an inclusive community, inspiring children to love learning by nurturing each child’s mind, body, and spirit.
We are a NAEYC accredited school using a play-based approach to learning. Every classroom has two teachers with small ratios. Please visit our website to learn more about the program, www.stgeorges-austin.com.
- Required – Working towards a Child Development Associate (CDA) or higher degree in child development, early childhood or a related field
- Preferred – Education + Experience in a NAEYC Accredited school
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices in early childhood
- Ability to develop rapport with children, parents, and co-workers
- Ability to assist with developing a high-quality, age appropriate curriculum to successfully engage children and foster physical, emotional, cognitive and social development
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate in a concise and effective manner
- Ability to understand and follow instructions precisely
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and confidentiality
- Strong group management skills with young children
- Ability to work as a team with teaching partner and staff
- Effective organizational and planning skills
- Lift up to 30 lbs. on a daily basis, multiple times
- Repetitive bending, stretching, and stooping
- Have mobility required to ensure the safety of the children
- Work with children on the floor
- Work outdoors in any variety of weather
- Fully capable to have visual or hearing capabilities consistent with Child Care Licensing safety requirements
- Perform light duty cleaning
- Light typing and word processing
Full time employees working 40 hours/wk. and 12 months/yr. are eligible to receive the following benefits. Detailed parameters are listed in the school’s personnel policies and procedures handbook.
- Health insurance
- Short-term/Long-term disability
- Accidental Death
- Worker’s Compensation
- Flexible hours and compensation to attend college classes
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
Location: 4301 North IH 35, Austin, TX 78722
Salary: Starting at $13.